You know those cutesy embroidery-looking graphics with, like, a butterfly saying “Be a bitch” or “Never Apologize” in cursive letters? (and the butterflies and flowers with faces and pastel colors are supposed to show that these are messages for women, only somehow that isn’t sexist)? They show up a lot on certain pop feminist blogs and they’ve always bugged me.
Anyway, I kind of want to do a series of opposite graphics. Like, a really metal looking t-rex saying in spiky, blood-dripping letters “Be polite to all you interact with” or a flaming shark saying “err on the side of apologizing if you think you may have hurt someone.” Fuck the “cutesy aggression” aesthetic. I want snarling, badass, compassionate etiquette.
I would reblog every single one of these.
OH MY GOD
when i was in college i did this, actually. dressed as goth as I could and was unfailingly polite to everyone as a social experiment
surprising no one but… my dumb ass at the time… everyone quickly loved me because i was nice and did not judge me by appearance at all, other than to ask questions occasionally
PLEASE I WILL REBLOG EVERY ONE
I retooled a thing I made a while ago!
- ..p 9955--,,,??????, 1 year ago
- #amreading “Camelot's Queen: Guinevere's Tale Book 2” amzn.to/1NTrHHg 1 year ago
- All I want for Christmas is unsolicited parenting advice from people with zero day-to-day experience living with children. 1 year ago
- Muse and Memory - VIA The Common Room thecommonroomblog.com/2015/11/muse-a… 1 year ago
- Mother-in-law: unintentionally tactless or deliberately hurtful? I may never know. #halloween 1 year ago