Also, I find it extremely helpful to break NaNo’s daily 1667 down into smaller chunks.
Say, 3 chunks of 500 words.
First chunk: Start with one paragraph of 100 words. Then another, and another. Each paragraph can develop one thought, one POV, one writerly or characterly line of inquiry on a particular thing. Five explicated thoughts later – bam. First chunk. It could be a whole scene.
After three chunks, wrap it up with 167 words of transition; rounding off, or cliffhangering, or developing, or segueing. Stronginthearm’s your uncle, and there’s your 1667 for the day.
- ..p 9955--,,,??????, 1 year ago
- #amreading “Camelot's Queen: Guinevere's Tale Book 2” amzn.to/1NTrHHg 1 year ago
- All I want for Christmas is unsolicited parenting advice from people with zero day-to-day experience living with children. 2 years ago
- Muse and Memory - VIA The Common Room thecommonroomblog.com/2015/11/muse-a… 2 years ago
- Mother-in-law: unintentionally tactless or deliberately hurtful? I may never know. #halloween 2 years ago